What is it?Think of your skin as a digital photo that is delicately touched up one spot at a time. Fraxel treatment, likewise, affects a fraction of tissue at a time with thousands of microscopic laser columns — each just one-tenth the diameter of a hair follicle. Then your body takes care of the rest. The laser columns stimulate a natural healing process that works from the inside out, replacing damaged tissue with younger, smoother, healthier skin.
*SALON SECRET* Fraxel can only be performed in Western Australia by a qualified Cosmetic Physician, as it goes deeper into the dermis than a standard laser.
What does it do?In short, Fraxel treatment creates smoother, fresher, healthier and younger-looking skin…improved tone, texture and pore size…and the softening of wrinkles and lines. It’s amazing for:
- Skin resurfacing
- Fine lines around the eyes
- Pigmented lesions (age/sun spots)
- Discoloration and uneven pigmentation
- Melasma (mask of pregnancy &/or hormonal pigment)
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- Actinic Keratosis
How does it work?Under the epidermis is a network of collagen and elastin, which are proteins that keep your skin youthful and tight. But as you age and get more sun exposure, those proteins simply break down faster than your body can rebuild them. As a result, your skin may start to sag and show damage like wrinkles, lines or spots. This is where Fraxel laser treatment can help. The science of Fraxel treatment involves three key components;
- The epidermis (the outer layer of our skin)
- The dermis (sub-layers of skin that include collagen and elastin)
- Microscopic laser columns (rebuilding skin from the inside out)
What to expect:Fraxel treatment delivers remarkable results with minimal downtime. That means you can rejuvenate your skin in just a few hours and quickly return to your life — the amount of downtime depends on your skin condition, your lymphatic system and the strength of Fraxel treatment delivered to your skin. There are three steps in the treatment:
- Observ Skin Diagnosis photos and Therapist discussion
- Numbing cream is applied to the area for approx. 1 hour. During this time, a lot of clients take advantage of some extra relaxation time and have a manicure or pedicure, while some just sit back and enjoy some time out.
- The Fraxel treatment itself – which takes 20 to 25 minutes for a full face.
Results:Photographs really do show the results of Fraxel Laser;
Kate (Case 1), a 64 year old Fraxel client who wanted to reduce the appearance of the age spots that she said make her look and feel older. The found the treatment incredibly rewarding and in short, she said – “I’m very happy! Happy to have no more age spots, happy with the new smooth feeling and the look of fresh skin!”
Pricing:Fraxel can only be performed in Western Australia by a qualified Cosmetic Physician, as it goes deeper into the dermis. Skindeep’s Cosmetic Physician, Dr. Gina Messiha, regularly performs Fraxel treatments in our salons. A full face Fraxel treatment costs $1,100, which includes full face analysis and before and after photos. For a quote on spot treatments, please contact us.
SALON SECRET: Add an Omnilux LED Light Therapy treatment for just $60 to speed up the healing process – you absolutely won’t regret it!
Related Products & Treatments:Products;
- Omnilux LED Light Therapy – Incredible for speeding up the healing process!